Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Ninja Foodi : The Perfect Rice

I have pressure cook my rice before and really did not like the out come. The rice turned out sticky and mush. I decided to return to the stove Rice. Recently I was reading some Foodi post on Cooking Rice in the Ninja Foodi. Almost all the folks decided to return to the stove for the rice. This got me thinking; Maybe I should look at it a different way. Let's Try Steaming the rice. Not washing or soaking first just putting the rice in and steam only. No Pressure Cooking. Which mean you do not set the Vent knob to Seal.  Leave it in the Vent position.

The Ninja Foodi Perfect Rice


 1 cup Long grain Rice. I use jasmine. ( you do not have to wash the rice)
 1 cup chicken Stock low salt. ( you can also use Beef or Vegetable broths or Water)

Put into Ninja Foodi pot, stir.
Use the Pressure cooker top, set pressure knob to Vent.
 select steam function and set timer for 12 minutes.

The steam will build up and then escape through the black pressure knob. this is normal. it will slow down and the rice will still cook.  Note: the red valve will not pop up with this method.
When the Done light comes on, remove the lid and stir rice. Perfect rice.

*I added cooked peas to the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.