Monday, February 25, 2019

Grinding with Auntie E: Let's talk Gadgets

 Grinding with Auntie E is a time to talk about kitchen stuff. Things that make life easier in the kitchen. With our Time consumed with  running the kids here and there, managing business and working outside or inside the home life is very full. Gadget help us create healthy meals in our home in less time.

Today Let's talk prep. Do you prep items for easier cooking? One thing  I have found that  makes better choice in my time is the prepping. There are  many tools  to use.  I have a few of my favorite.




One is a  peeler. I have several.  One that I reach for is these.  They are Swissmar. I got them from William Simona. There are three, they have different peeling types. A Julienne peel, regular peel, and a wide thicker peel. These make it faster to julienne cut and peel. No more knife action. Use it for Soups, spaghetti sauce, pizza toppings and just sometimes hiding the veggies in the sauces. I really  love these from William Simona because they have protective sleeves to keep the blades sharp. Most of the time they are hand wash in my house. Found Today's Dishwasher tend to dull the blades. Knife and cutter  do not last as long. Have had these for over 10 years. Still as sharp as when I got them!


Another prep is when I get the grocery store vegetables home. I  take them out of the bags and make sure they are dry. Wrap them in Paper towels and put them in the Vegetable Crisper. This keeps the  veggie fresh longer.

Tell me what is your favorite kitchen prep tool?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.