Saturday, February 2, 2019

Ninja Foodi Pot : Casarecce Italian Bake

I received a Ninja Foodi for the holiday this year. I have been testing recipes in it. Love using the Air Crisper,Bake/ Roast, Broil, Steamer and Pressure. Today I used the Sear/Saute in combination with the Pressure function. I love it, so much better than my InstaPot. I felt that the saute heat was more controllable. It didn't burn on the button. this recipe came out better in the Ninja Foodi. So I decided to post it. I use Casarecce Noodles*. They are very good for this type of recipe cause the sauce get into them. This recipe takes about 30 minutes from  Start to Table.
Image result for casarecce pasta
Casarecce Noodles
This is the recipe for the Italian bake, cooked in the Ninja Foodi. 
 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage 
2 Tablespoons Minced Onion 
2 cloves garlic minced. 
1 can 14oz Diced tomatoes(undrained)
 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
 8oz ( 2 cups) of Casarecce pasta
 2 cups Low sodium Chicken Stock
Salt and Black Pepper

Turn Ninja Foodi on and press the Saute button and start. Preheat for about 2 minutes, Add sausage and cook breaking up into small pieces for about 3 minutes, stirring during that time off and on. 
Add onion, 1 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning and garlic continue to cook for 3 minutes, 
Add can of diced tomatoes, 1 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning( the rest of it) and pasta, stir well cook for 1 minute. 
Add Chicken Stock and stir. Place Pressure Cooker Top on and make sure the Pressure Release Valve is set to Seal. Press the Pressure cook button and set on HI for 6 minutes.  
Natural release for 4 minutes. 
Then Quick release by setting the pressure release Valve to the Vent Setting. Once the Red Float Valve ( the pressure is released completely) is down remove lid.  salt and pepper to taste, Stir and serve. 


 Recipe copyright 2019 by "Auntie E Cookbook/EM Dubros" 


* I used Garofalo Pastas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.