Monday, April 26, 2010

Coffee time with Auntie E- Our Weekend Meal.

Have my coffee in hand.. yes it's my favorite brand Folgers. I tried a new creamer by Coffee-mate "Honey Vanilla cream". Did not like it in my coffee. Maybe all try it in a coffee cake. I have one I like to make. I'll let you know how is goes.
Okay, the title reads in a way one could think we only had one meal. We ate more than one meal this weekend. However only one I wanted to share with you... Auntie E's Breakfast Pizza.

I purchase a small pizza dough from Bertucci's for 3 dollars. Rolled it out on a pizza brick coated with a little olive oil. Roll thin into 10-12 inch round.
Cooked 4oz of Maple bulk Sausage and 8 slices center-cut thin sliced Bacon(1/3 for fat.). Set aside
Beat 5 eggs well, stirred in 2 tablespoon of sour-cream and 1/8 teaspoon Pepper. Scrambled in hot pan with about 1 tablespoon olive oil. On medium heat til fluffy.

to the rolled Pizza dough, layer as follows:
  • 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
  • Scrambled eggs
  • Sausage
  • Bacon/ crumbled lightly

cook in 400F oven for 15 minutes.
Open oven, add another 1/4 cup of Shredded Mozzarella cheese to top continue to cook for 10 minutes.
cool for a few minutes (about 3 minutes), slice and serve.

This was so good! I had originally bought the dough to make calzone. However when we got home our bird died and I was just not in the mood. So, Sunday I made this Breakfast Pizza.
Did you make anything special over the weekend.. I'm listening and would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.