Monday, April 12, 2010

Auntie E's Brain Power Bars

A new Peanut butter. Much better for you. The omega fat are the healthiest. This peanut butter has 32 mg of DHA and EPA, known for creating healthier brain cells.

Peanut butter and Chocolate goes well together. I found a recipe my Mom use to make in the sixties. Thought I would share it. Re-worked to make it a little healthier of course.

Auntie E's Brain Power Bars.

1/2 cup graham crackers Crumbs.
1 cup of Omega-3 peanut Butter
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 1/2-2 cups of Powder sugar
a little butter for the 8x8pan.

  • Mix graham crackers, peanut butter and powder sugar together, till forms a ball.
  • press into a 8x8 butter pan.
  • Melt the chocolate chips, I used the Microwave... put chips in glass 1 cup measuring bowl and micro on high for 1 minute and then stir til completely melted. Spread on top of peanut butter mixture.
  • Cover and chill for a half to one hour.
  • cut into 1" squares. store in refrigerator in airtight container.
copyright 2010 by"Auntie E's Cookbook/ M Dubros"

Photo courtesy of Jif .com

3 comments:

  1. Toot Tootin' my #UBP10 Party Horn on your blog!!!!!

    Hope you are meeting new bloggers and havin' a great time!

    I'm your Newest blogger fan here too!! I have this recipe on my blog, too. Just not as "healthy"

    Party on!!!

    @Susieqtpies at Scraps of Life http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.