Friday, December 11, 2009

Not your Daddy's FruitCake.

When I was little my dad love fruitcake. I really like it also.
I feel it has gotten a bad rap.
So I created one that I think will bring the fruit cake skeptics back.


Santa's Holiday Fruitcake


This is a starter recipe, however you can use Buttermilk instead.

Mix together(wet ingredients)
2 cups Amish Starter
2 eggs
1/2 cup Honey
1 teaspoon Rum flavoring
1/3 cup canola oil.
1/2 molasses

Mix ingredients together, well.

Sift together

2 cups Flour
1/8 teaspoon ground Mace
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoon bake powder
1/2 teaspoon salt.

add to Wet ingredients, mix well

Fold in

2 pounds Fruit cake mix
2/3 cups Chopped Black Walnuts

Butter and sugar 3 (4x8 ) loaf pans
Divide batter evenly in pans
Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes. til toothpick or knife place in center comes out clean.
The Fruit cake is better on next day. You can refrigerate the loaves for about three days (to allow the flavors to come out)and then freeze them for later.

copyright 2009 "Auntie E CookBook/M Dubros"

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.