Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Peanut Butter Snowflake Cookies

Now this next one is a cracker/cookie my Mom used to make. We all just loved it. This is a very easy one, and will be fun for the whole family.

Peanut Butter Snowflake Sandwiches

You will need:
1 box of Snowflake shape Ritz Crackers
Some melting chocolate, White and Regular.
A Double boiler.

For the filling:

3/4 cup peanut butter
1 cup powder sugar
Cream together til smooth.

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler pan (Yes I have a gadget for this process, I will feature it on this weekend kitchen gadget) but for now a double boiler will do fine. If you don't have one..You can use a quart saucepan filled with about 2 cups of water, bring water to a boil, then put a heat resistance glass bowl on top of the saucepan . Turn heat down to simmer. Put chocolate in and Stir until melted.

Put a small amount of filling on a flat side of one cracker. Top with a second cracker.
Dip in the melted chocolate using a fork and set on a waxed papered lined cooling rack.
Cool completely. You can put them in a refrigerator just to set the chocolate. Place in air tight container. No refrigeration required. However my Mom did refrigerate them in a tin. My family prefer the Milk chocolate coated ones. I pictured the White Chocolate ones here.
But do not worried, they'll be gone before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.