Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Coffee time with Auntie E -Cook Yourself Thin?

This past week has been great for me. I have had a break in cooking. My Teenager has been doing must of the cooking. She has found the Book in my library called Cook Yourself Thin. I will say the recipes in that book are great tasting. The calories are great for one trying to lose weight. Not only is that a plus but it is a wonderful tool for a healthier style of eating.
Have you watched the Show " Cook Yourself Thin"? It is on the Food network channel. Hosts by two ladies who come to a house and show the cook how to make her favorite food with less calories. This causes one to Drop the weight. You are still eating the same amount so no hunger later as with most low calorie foods. The other thing I like is no sugar substitute are used. I do not understand it the desserts are still sweet!
Now my daughter is a chocoholic, so we must have it almost every day. Okay she needs it every day. By using the recipes in the book she can have her cake and eat it too.
We are loosing weight as a family. The other day we had Fish and chips. Yes that's right Fries. It was very easy to make. Here is the recipe.

Oven fries

2 medium size potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1/4 inch sticks.
2 tablespoon of Olive oil
1 teaspoon of Coarse sea salt

  • Coat the potatoes stick with the oil and salt
  • Spread on a silicone mat or parchment paper lined cooking sheet.
  • Heat oven to 450F and move the rack to the middle of oven.
  • Bake for about 25 minutes or until browned. You may stir midway, but I found using the silicone mat I did not have to.

So I hope you try these and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I like that idea, cook yourself thin -- without starving.. haha

    We have this book at home named eat this, not that.. which teaches the simple substitution or proper choice of lower calorie food in restaurants.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.