Saturday, December 5, 2009

Weekend Kitchen Gadget-Cookie time


My Mom use to make Pressed cookies at Christmas times. It was a very nice time and I looked forward to helping each year . We would put cookies plates together and give them to the neighbors and friends. We never had much money,so I don't remember buying things at the store. It seems like we made things by knitting, sewing and baking. These are the things I am going back too.
This weekends' Gadget is a Cookie Press.
I have had several of Cookie presses . This one is my favorite all the disk and tools store in that clear end. It has a lever making it easier to use. Cookies Presses start at about 10.00.

I found the basic recipe my mother used. Some times we added color to it and oh the sprinkles on top, that brings back good memories. We will be making these press cookies today. Here is the recipe;

Basic Pressed Cookies
1 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon almond extract
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt

Cream butter in medium bowl, gradually add sugar beat until light and fluffy.
Add egg and almond extract. Beat well. (at this point add color if desired)
Combine dry ingredients together. Gradually add to creamed mixture. stirring well.

Press dough into cookies press. Press onto a ungreased cookies sheet using desired shape disk.(I used a silicon liner on my cookie sheet). You can add sprinkles at this point.

Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 to 8 minutes, remove and place on cooling rack.
Makes about 4 dozen.

3 comments:

  1. http://dcroseallaboutcakes.blogspot.com/2009/11/award-from-my-friend-nokio.html?showComment=1259970680052#c6809496252551244430
    Drop on this link. I have an award for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a cookie press last year and had a lot of fun making the beautiful cookies with it. I guess I need to get started on mine as well! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by last week. I am a bit behind in responding. We had a lovely Thanksgiving. We had ham and this year, I bought 2 rotisserie chickens since we are not huge fans of turkey. It worked out great and tasted good withe the sausage pecan dressing and gravy, rolls, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, cranberry sauce, broccoli and rice casserole and pecan pie for dessert.

    We had family and friends over and it was a wonderful time of food and fellowship. Hope you continue to enjoy this special time of year.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.