Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Chocolate-PeanutButter Lovers


Calling all Chocolate/Peanut butter Lovers. This recipe will satisfy your taste buds for sure. It using a White chocolate Peanut Butter in its' base.



Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossoms


1/2 cup Shortening
1/2 cup White Chocolate peanut butter ( Peanut Butter &Co)*
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed firmly
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2 Tablespoons of nonfat Half-n-Half
1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Milk chocolate baking kisses
extra sugar for rolling balls in.

Cream shortening and Peanut butter together
Gradually add sugars. beat well after each addition.
Add egg,half-n-half, and vanilla beat well.
Combine flour, soda and salt. Stir into peanut butter mixture, mix well.
shape into 1 inch balls and roll ball into sugar. Place on ungreased ( I use a silicone liner) cookie sheet. place about 2 inch apart.
Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, Remove from oven and press a Chocolate kiss in the center of cookie.
Cool cookies completely on Wire rack

* you can use any brand there are several out there. Most are found in the Peanut Butter section in the store. I use one made by Peanut Butter &Co I put a link for you to the company here and in the ingredients list.
Copyright 2009-Auntie E Cookbook/M Dubros

3 comments:

  1. I make a similar cookie I call Teddy Bear Noses. You make a peanut butter cookie dough, place the kiss in the centre, and then gather the dough up and around the kiss until just the tip shows -- like the tip of a teddy's nose! They're a Xmas favorite of ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife was just talking about making these. I have never heard of white chocolate peanut butter, but I will give it a try.
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are my absolute favorites. I've actually written an article about these and using food coloring for the dough to change their color for the various holidays. Even for christmas, you can do red and green cookies :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.