Monday, December 7, 2009

Auntie E's Macaroons

I love coconut and the holidays are the perfect time for them.







Auntie E's Macaroons.


7 Large egg whites
1-1/2 cups Powdered sugar
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
14 oz flaked coconut

1.Beat eggs white until frothy add sugar and continue to beat until forms stiff peaks.
2. Fold in the rest ingredients.
3. Drop by Tablespoon on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet
(I like to use a silicon baking mat instead, they slide right off).
4.Bake in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 15-18 minutes.
5. cool on a wire rack.

Copyright 2009-AuntieE's cookbook/MDubro

1 comment:

  1. I too like Coconut for the holidays. These sound fantastic. Going to print the recipe and try these.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.