Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thursday Holiday Flare- Desserts

As I have mentioned I have been taking some cooking technique classes at William-Sonoma. This week she had a dessert that was adapted from another recipe. Their Food products are very good. This recipes uses their Cranberry relish. I found it not to be too sweet, yet had that holiday flare taste to it. My teen daughter went with me and she really liked this recipe. So, we came home and made it. I did add my Flare to it,however it is a basic dessert square bar recipe. Now I will share it with you, we think it will make that perfect ending to a Thanksgiving Meal.

Holiday Cranberry Dessert Bars

You will need:

1(18.25oz) package Yellow cake mix.(divided)
1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie spice
1/2 cup Sweet unsalted butter (Melted)
3 large eggs.(divided)

1 (18oz)Jar Williams Sonoma's Cranberry relish
2 Tablespoon 1%Milk
2 Tablespoon all purpose Flour
2 tablespoon sugar.
1/4 cup Unsalted Butter (at room temperature, however not too soft)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

First Layer.
  • Mix yellow cake mix and pumpkin pie spices together, Set 1 cup aside for later(for the topping part);
  • Combine the rest of the cake mixture with Melted butter and 1 egg in a bowl, Mix well and press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. {You do not need to grease the pan.However you can brush a little of the melted butter on the pan's bottom, if you want to make sure it won't stick. I used an insulated non stick pan}.
Second Layer
  • In another bowl combine the jar of cranberry relish, 2 eggs and milk.
  • Mix well and pour evenly over the Pressed cake layer in the pan.
Third layer(topping)
  • Stir the remaining 1 cup of Cake mix with flour, sugar and softened butter. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in butter til crumbly.
  • Sprinkle over the relish layer.
Bake in 350F preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Cool for about 10 minutes and cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
Makes about 48 pieces.
Printable view

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.