Sunday, November 21, 2010

Coffee time with Auntie E- Chili Time Recipe

Well, I'm at my Dad's this week. We are having Thanksgiving at his home in Virginia Beach, Va. and I am cooking up a storm! Oh yes I am having my morning coffee here, with Peppermint cream in it. Getting in the Holiday spirit. We will not be having a Holiday Flare Thursday post this week, Enjoy a great Thanksgiving Meal and Day with your family and Friends. You can still link up a add those recipes by clicking on the color coded names above.
For today I will share with you a recipe I showed cased on Food Trip on Friday.

Turkey Maple Chili


Ingredients:

Meat :
1.5 Lb of Turkey Maple Sausage
½ cup diced Red onion
1½ tsp of Smoked Paprika
1 tsp cumin

*Group #2*

1 (14.5 oz) can Turkey Broth
⅓ cup diced roasted Red peppers
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp Smoke Paprika
¼ cup thick Ketchup
1.5 oz of Pure Maple Syrup.
1 can(14.5 oz) can Hunts diced Tomatoes with diced Green pepper,celery and onion

1.Meat prep:
In a skillet brown sausage and red onion. Add 1 ½ teaspoon of smoked Paprika and 1 teaspoon of cumin. Continue to cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently. Set aside.

2. Group#2
In a 2.5 litter of 11 cup stockpot add the *Group #2* ingredients. Stir well... Bring to the boil.

3. Add the meat to the stockpot. Return to a boil. Lower heat to simmer and simmer for 30 minute to 60 min. The longer the time the more intense the taste.

Copyright2010"Auntie E's CookBook/M Dubros"
Printable View

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.