This Photo is from B-Movie star. I liked the way they wrapped the sticks with ribbons. The presentation is great also. How about a plate of these for your Thanksgiving Spread.
10 to 12 small apples
1/2 cup of butter
2 cups packed light brown sugar
1(14oz)can Low fat Sweetened condensed Milk
1 cup dark corn syrup
2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
wax paper (2 pieces)
1 cup chopped nuts and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips on one piece of the wax paper
1. wash and dry apples, remove stems and make a small slit in the top . Insert the stick.
2. Melt butter in 2 to 3 qt sauce pan over low heat, stir in sugar milk and corn syrup.
cook over medium heat siring regularity til it reaches 245 degrees Fahrenheit on the candy thermometer. ...Remove from heat and stir in extract.
3. dip apples in mixture. coating the apple well. You can use to spatula or spoon if needed.
4. roll the apple while still warm into the nuts and chips
5. stand the apple on the second piece of wax paper. cool completely. This will take about 20 minutes.