Monday, October 19, 2009

Auntie E's Apple Fritters



Using the corer/slicer from the Weekend Gadget post we made these yummy Fritters. Yes they are work, however most of the work is in the cooking and It really does not take that long to make.



Buttermilk Apple Fritters

4 Gingergold apples, peeled cored and cut in various sizes.
2 Tablespoon sugar
2 eggs
2 Tablespoon Honey
1 cup Buttermilk
2 cups flour
1 Teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Vegetable oil for deep frying

-Put cut apples and sugar in bowl, mix and set aside
-Mix together eggs, honey and buttermilk.
-Sift together flour, Baking powder and soda, salt and cinnamon. reserve 2 Tablespoon**.
-Add remainder flour mixture to wet ingredients.This is your batter.
**Add reserve flour mixture to apples and and stir.,
-Fold apples into the batter

Heat 3 inches of oil in a sauce pan or fryer pan to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, use a thermometer for this, It is important that you maintain this temp throughout the cooking.
Once the oil reaches the temp, begin dropping the apple batter by spoon fulls into the oil. Do not walk away from the stove.It is important to stay with the process from here out. They cook rather fast.
You will want to turn them once they are golden brown on the bottom side. remove once golden brown on both sides. Remove and place them on a cooling rack, that way they stay crisp.

copyright 2009 "Auntie E CookBook/MDubros"
Enjoy them with Maple syrup
We did!

11 comments:

  1. Oh Yes, This is on my must make list! Those apple fritters look absolutely delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple fritters are one of my favorites. I will try this one!
    Thanks
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, apple fritters! I used to make them as a treat when the boys were small. Lots of work, and probably not much nutrition after frying and the powdered sugar or the syrup, but so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife makes the best fritters around.She is getting ready to make an apple pie with Maya.It is apple season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never had apple fritters before, I love banana and pineapple ones. I will have to give these a go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love apple fritters, but never tried making my own. I envy all you great cooks and all those cool gadgets..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, love the apple peeler gadget and the fritters look delicious and I bet they were fun to make too.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my those do sound good and how easy too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this recipe. Thank you. I am putting your badge on my blog.I hope we can exchange links too? Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just made these for a Saturday night treat, but with a few changes. I didn't have buttermilk, so I used some homemade yogurt. I also used whole wheat flour and fried them in coconut oil. I used extra apples and topped them with powdered sugar. YUM!

    It was the first time that I've ever tried anything like this, but your recipe looked so easy that I decided to give it a try. It only took about an hour from start to finish for my double batch. There were nine of us to enjoy them, and enough fritters left over for breakfast.

    Thank you for a great recipe!

    Beth at Mother by Design dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.