Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Auntie E's Pea-pickin'-Good Cake

This cake is a version of one my Mom use to make. I have changed some of the ingredients to suit my families taste buds. My daughter loves Lemons , Hubby loves real cool whip, and for me White cake mix with pudding in it is preferred.

For Cake you will need;
1 (18.25oz) Box Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic White Cake mix
1 (11oz)can Mandarin Oranges in light syrup{do not drain}
1 Stick Unsalted Butter--Melted

3 Large Eggs

P
ut all ingredients in mixer and mix on low speed for 3 minuets
Divide batter equally into 3 eight inch round buttered and floured cake pans Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes {until toothpick comes out clean} Cool cake on cooling racks

For Icing you will need;

1 (8-oz)can Crushed Pineapple, Drained well **
1 (3.4-oz) box lemon instant pudding

1 (8-oz) tub cool whip use regular.

Mix ingredients well and ice layers and top.
{do not ice sides}

**a tip for the pineapple- I drain the can, then put it in a double layer of paper towels and pat out some of the excess liquid.{a little is not bad -just make sure it is not too Dry}

"Copyright 2009 by Auntie E/M Dubro"

5 comments:

  1. that looks really tasty! I love all those ingredients :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one seems light too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made a different version of this cake - yellow cake mix and vanilla pudding in the frosting. I like your variations! It's such a light refreshing cake - perfect for summer!

    Thanks for linking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, I Have tried this, and it is super duper yummy. Just reading the recipe makes me want a slice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice recipe. I will try this one. I love fruit in cakes. DCRose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.