Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Holiday extra's: Cheese Spreads.

 A party doesn't seem right without a Cheese Spread. As a Child and Living in Upstate New York, I loved Sharp Cheddar. It must be my taste buds. As early as I can remember I liked strong tastes. Port Wine Spread and Cheddar's were my favorites. I really never like the balls rolled in the nuts, Just the spread thank you. This recipe was created with that thought in mind. Need a sharp Cheese taste.

Sharp New York Cheddar Cheese Spread

8 oz of cream cheese
16 oz New York Cheddar Cheese
1/8 cup (2 tablespoon) of minced sweet onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic.
2 teaspoons Reduced Sodium Worcestershire Sauce
about 1/8 teaspoon (6 drops) of Tabasco Pepper sauce

 In a food Processor, chop the Cheddar til small bits. I use the pulse button.

In a mixer add the  Cream cheese, onion,garlic, Worcestershire Sauce and Pepper sauce. mix well. Add the cheese and mix on medium high until creamy. There might be some cheese bits still insight, that is okay. Just mix until it is mostly creamy.

transfer to a crock or small serving bowl. Refrigerate until you  serve it. allow to set out about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy.

 Recipe copyright 2016 by "Auntie E Cookbook/EM Dubros"

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.