Monday, August 8, 2011

Kitchen Gadget- Ice Cream anyone?


I purchased a new ice cream maker. It is a Cuisinart 1-1/2 Quart Ice Cream Maker. It is so easy to use and one can have ice cream in 20 minutes. I like to put it in the freezer for one hour to get to a consistency I like. There is nothing like home made ice cream. I have a great recipe that I created.









Ovaltine Reece's Ice cream

mix together:
3/4 cups Rich Chocolate Ovaltine powder.
1 cup Half n Half
2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract

Stir well and then refrigerate for about 1 hour.( you can make this a keep in refrigerator overnight)

Prepare ice cream maker.

Pour mixture into running ice cream maker.(the bowl should be well frozen).
It well take about 15 to 20 minutes until thicken.

In the meantime chop up a 4 oz. package of Reece's pieces.

Add the the mixture and continue mixing for 5 more minutes.

Remove ice cream and put into a freezer container with a sealed top. Freeze for 1 to two hours.)
remove for freezer at least 15 minutes before serving.(if you freeze longer than 2 hours.


copyright 2011 by "Auntie E Cookbook/M Dubros"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.