Sunday, December 26, 2010

Fruit and Spiced Pork -Weekend Gadget

I love my Nesco Roaster oven. It's great when you need that extra room in your oven or when you do not want to heat the whole oven up for a small roast. There are very affordable now days, cost about 35.00 and a good buy for the College student. It allows a little homecooking while away from home. I have an older one and it's blue. I was able to get a current photo of one, sold at a popular family Store. Photo farther down in the recipe.

This was a great flavorful one and very tender. Made and served as a Christmas Eve meal with Mashed Potatoes, Cranberries and steamed Broccoli. We have some Non alcoholic Grog and sourdough bread. A very Fruitful meal!

Fruit and spiced Pork Roast


one 4-6 Lb Pork roast
3/4 cup Welch's Blueberry-Pomegranate-Concord Grape juice.
one Granny Smith apple cut in chucks
1 teaspoons Saigon Cinnamon
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 Tablespoons Tapioca flour.
1 Tablespoon softened Butter


Put roast in a covered roasting dish, on a roasting rack.
I used a small Nesco Roaster oven.
( click on photo for more info on the oven).


Pour Juice over pork and add apples around.
Mix Sugar , cinnamon and flour together.
Brush top of roast with softened butter.
Pat Sugar mixture on top.

Cover and cook at 350F for about two hours. Until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. I used a roast with a pop up timer and it worked well. Done when the pop up is up.
Let it set covered for 20 minutes before slicing.

copyright 2010 by"Auntie E's CookBook/M Dubros"
Disclaimer: I did not receive any compensation from Nesco for this review. this is only my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.