Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday's Question? Holiday Recipe Contest


Well I have to say I'm a little down today. For three weeks now, I have been trying to generate a little fun. However It looks like I am the only one have it. I thought Maybe I should ask the question before I go mad......

Is anyone interested in my Holiday flare Recipe contest?

You see I am having one as a write this. It is suppose to last for seven more weeks.
The prizes are:

First place: 50 dollar visa gift card.
Second place a 25 dollar visa gift card
Third place a winter soy fragrance candle in a beautiful reusable container.

I try to make the rules easy, so we can enjoy our holiday and not be so time consuming on the entry rules. I waited to list the prizes til now, Maybe I should have done that earlier.
The contest winners are decided on a voting system. Anyone can come and vote on their favorite dishes, they do not have to enter one. My entries will be voided, as I add mine just to have some links showing. Once cooks start adding their links, I will not be adding mine. I will just post my recipe for the week.

So the question comes down to......
Are you Interested in this Holiday Flare Recipe Contest?

for more Aloha Friday questions, visit An Island Life

13 comments:

  1. Sure thing! You can count me in! :)

    Oh, and I thought I was already following you forever...but apparently not, so I've rectified that snafu. ;)

    Aloha Follow: Goody Bags

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really into contests.

    Have a great Friday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/11/is-amazon-on-crack/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. I'm so sorry I can't join you on your contest, I'm really not a very good cook when it comes to the traditional holiday fare! But I'll definitely be checking in to vote and check out some recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry I can't join in this contest. I hope you have a blast enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting. I would like to try out some new recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess I didn't understand the whole thing. I didn't expect a prize and I did try to enter a dessert but it didn't work. The fact that there was a prize didn't sink in or really matter to me, I don't think you needed to announce it sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't really do holiday cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacy- Looking forward to your recipes

    Harriet- stop by to vote on them, some well be easy to make. No contest that surprises me, I remember Lola's Diner,lol.

    Jen- we all learn by try other recipes, hope you will stop back to enjoy the holiday flavors.

    Jamaica Spice- thanks for stopping by. you should try cooking some of the recipes and vote on them.

    MaidInCanarias- You will enjoy the eats, do come back to vote on them.

    RedKathy- I know that one of the link had to be fixed by me. Not sure what I did, however All the fixed now. Looking forward to some recipes. Good luck on the contest.

    Becca- It doesn't have to be a per-say holiday recipe, just one in the category that you would have during your special holiday.- hope you will come back and join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks really interesting, I will have to see if I can find a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I added a recipe and the badge on my blog. I have a suggestion, if you make it easier to find the Holiday Recipe Posts you may get more participation. Try adding a link to each post on your sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ♥ baking/cooking...

    Would love to participate ~

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Red Kathy asked a good question....Now if you look on the top of the blog, just under my Banner, you will see the links to each category. Each one is color coded. Click on the right category for your dish and it will take you to the correct link post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like fun. I'll see what I can come up with :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and Anonymous comments will be deleted.