Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Pound Cakes- Chocolate


Oh that chocolate taste, Who can resist it! I think Chocolate is the most liked ingredient  is the whole world. I have visited Asia, Europe, Bahamas and America, In all places there was wonderful chocolate. Have Friends from the Middle East, South America,  England and the surrounding areas. They all have Chocolate recipes. The cocao beans has made its way all around the world and made an impact. Which has remained for Centuries.

I have a like for the Chocolate. Introduced to it by my Mother, who has introduced all the Kids I know. It's the taste that gets you. Have  made several chocolate cake lately. You know I think they are the best for you, antioxidants and all. Yesterday I made a Chocolate Pound Cake that was the death of cakes. It was the most moist and flavorful cake I have made. Not too hard to make and Baked Beautifully.

You will need a view things.  First of all having a tube 10 inch Bundt pan is a key to a good pound cake. It helps the cake cook evenly. the center round heat and allows the cake to cook in the middle. Producing a uniform cake density. Also  the center removable part allows easier release after cooking. The second thing is a  Measurement Scale.  I use one by Taylor. I found measuring the flour by grams works better. The cake will come out the same each time.

Chocolate Pound Cake

Preheat oven to 325F or 300F for convection oven ( I used a convection oven).
Butter and flour the Bundt pan. 

 Dry Ingredients:

472 grams of Unbleached Flour ( about 3 cups)
1/2 teaspoon each of, Baking soda, Baking powder and  Fine Table Salt
3 Tablespoon Natural Unsweetened Cocoa ( I use Hershey's)
2 Tablespoons Special Dark  Cocoa ( Hershey's)

Mix these together and set aside.

Wet Ingredients:

1 Cup Unsalted Butter, room temp ( very soft, that is the key to this)
1/2 cup solid Vegetable Shortening ( I use Crisco, in the bar not jar)
3 cups fine Sugar

Put the Butter and Shortening in a electric mixer and cream  together for about 2 minutes. add the sugar one cup at a time and continue to cream. after all sugar is added continue to cream for about 5 minutes or until very fluffy.

5 Large Eggs
I cup of  real Buttermilk.
1 tablespoon good vanilla extract ( I use Madagascar )

Add eggs one at a time blending well each each one, til you do not see any egg. after adding the eggs it is time to add the Dry ingredients.

Alternate the Dry ingredients one cup at a time with the Buttermilk. Starting with the Flour and ending with the flour. Be sure to scape the bottom and sides to make sure all the ingredients are Incorporated well.

Add the tablespoon of vanilla and blend. The batter should be thick.

Pour evenly into the prepared bundt pan.
Place in preheated oven and cook for 1 Hour and 45 Minutes , cake tested should come out clean.
cool on rack in pan for 10 minutes. Then Invert pan into plate, remove the pan and serve or let cool.

copyright 2015 by "Auntie E Cookbook/M Dubros"





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.