My daughter was Facebooking me last evening on this recipes' details. It is one of my Favorite Things for the hoildays.
It is a recipe that my Mother in Laws made at Christmas. So easy and so good.
Dee's Danish Puff
for puffs you will need:
1 cup boiling Water
1/2 cup butter
1 Cup flour
for icing you will need:
water or lemon or orange juice.
Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
Lightly grease a cookie sheet.or use a parchment paper lined cookie sheet
1. melt butter in Boiling water, return to a boil.
2. turn heat down and add flour all at once. With a wooden spoon stir vigorously till a ball forms.
3. remove from heat. Add eggs one at a time, beating til smooth each time.
on prepared cookie sheet, using the wooden spoon drop about three
spoon fulls to form one row, make sure each drop touches the other (this
will form your strip). Then make another strip and same way.
5. bake in the oven for 35 minutes, remove for oven Prick with a fork. and return to oven - turn off oven, leave in for 5-10minutes. Remove from oven.
6. make glaze and drizzle over the puffs add cherries and sprinkle with almond.
to make glaze:
1/2 cup Confectionery sugar and about 3 teaspoon of water. ( you can use lemon jiuce or orange juce also).
put the confectionery sugar in a small mixing bowl. slow add water one teaspoon at a time until you get a smooth glaze. it should be thick but able to stream from a spoon.
you can add more sugar if it get to watery. I like it a little thick
and just able to stream on the danish balls. Make sure you wait until
the danish cools so that the glaze will not melt with streamed on the
Add Maraschino cherries
copyright 2014 by"Auntie E CookBook/MDubrosky"