Monday, April 7, 2014
Buttermilk Breakfast Biscuits.
Ever wanted to make healthier breakfast biscuits? However you thought no time for that. Well this is a easy recipes and only takes no more than 20 minutes for start to finish.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
2. sift together 2 cups of Unbleached allpurpose , 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of Baking power, 1 Tablespoon raw sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
3. Cut in with pastry cutter 3 Tablespoon vegetable shortening.
4. Make a well in center of flour mixture and pour in 1 Cup Buttermilk (you can use low fat).
stir in with a wooden spoon until dough is formed.
5. Empty out on to a floured tea towel and knead 10 times.
lightly roll out into a 1/2 inch thick circle cut with a 21/2 inch biscuit cutter
(note+ cut the rounds close and then re knead the dough lightly and press into 1/2 thick and cut the remaining 2 biscuits)
6. Cook in preheated 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes until bottoms are light-brown.
Makes 8 biscuits. Each biscuit is about 165 calories.*
* if you make them small in size for less calories, reduce the cooking time to 10-12 minutes.
copyright 2014 by "Auntie E Cookbook/M Dubros"