Thursday, February 4, 2010

Southern Pimiento Cheese Spread.

As a child I remember eating Pimiento spread Sandwiches. I really like them. About twice a year I get the yearning for them. You know the kind, on White bread with no Crust and cut into four pieces.It is easy to make, but taste like it took hours make. I make it much more healthier for today's lifestyle.

Southern Pimiento Cheese Spread.

1 (16oz) package shredded cheddar cheese
1 (8oz) package of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 (4oz) jar diced Pimientos-Drained
1/4 cup sliced dill pickles
1 small garlic clove, sliced.
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil Mayo.

In a Processor put in first five ingredients, Process by pulsing on and off for about 10 seconds. Be sure not to puree, just mix until pickles and are no longer noticed .The ingredient will be dry.
Remove and transfer to bowl add Olive Oil Mayo and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving .
I like to make it the night before and refrigerate overnight. but of course sometimes I can not wait and make a sandwich right away.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I had those too!! My big sis made the BEST pimiento cheese ... but I don't have a recipe :(
    I will give your recipe a try, it sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to try this one as it looks so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.