Saturday, May 5, 2018

Let's Talk : Whipped Cream Anyone?



I love Whip Cream. We can use it in Coffee drinks,  Cocoa drinks, and all kinds of  Desserts.  While in Germany I learn to make  it. CoolWhip was nice but so Sweet and lots of calories. Europe tend to  not have their as sweet as we Americans.   Most Americans tend to have a sweet tooth.

 I have a great recipe that has a less than 2 carbs per serving and only 10 calories.  Compared to Cool whip which is 2 carbs and 24 Calorie for the same amount a serving size ( 2 Tablespoon)The taste is very good and if you are using it on a fruit and dessert it is a good match.

There are many types of Vanilla Extracts. Each one is great in different type of  recipes. Tahitian Vanilla Extract is one that is suited for Cold items. Like Ice creams and Whipped creams. I will  talk about Vanillas at a later time. For this recipe I use Tahitian vanilla.

Auntie E's  Vanilla Whipped Cream.

1 cup Heavy Cream
1/3 cup Powder sugar
1/2 tsp Cream of Tarter
1/2 tsp  Tahitian Vanilla Extract.

Put all ingredients in a  mixing bowl of a stand mixer. using a wood or silicone spoon stir til dissolved  ( it will not take long just a few seconds).
Using the  whipping attachment, start on 2 Level and gradually increase to the whipping setting on your mixer. whip until forms soft peaks. Now be careful if you whip too long you will have sweet butter!
I usually stop when it looks wavy ( soft peak) . Then I whip a little more checking every 2 seconds til I get the stiffness I what.

The whole process take less than 2 minutes from start to finish for my mixer.

You can use it right away or put in the refrigerator til ready to use.

 Serving Size 2 Tablespoon has 1.7 carbs and 10 Calories


 Recipe copyright 2018 by "Auntie E Cookbook/EM Dubros"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.