Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Time For Chicken Noodle Soup.

Today is a Snowy and sleet and icy day. The temps are in the 20's. Yes it is Middle of March. It is not uncommon for winter to linger on well into Spring (April time). When I lived in Colorado and Upstate New York Winter lasted well into the April months.  Winter is one of my Favorite Seasons. Soups, Cinnamon Buns, Hot Cocoa and Stews are my Favorite dishes. They fit right in during the cold months. So, Today when I got up and it was Winter out side, My thought was Chicken noodle soup.

I make it from Scratch today.  the great thing about this recipes is you  probably have the ingredients already in the cupboards.Here is the recipe.



4 Quarts of water, 
2 Tablespoons Peppercorns ,
3 teaspoons of salt.
1/2teaspoon Rubbed Sage,
1 teaspoon thyme.
2 bay leaves.
3 stalks celery with tops,
3 Whole Carrots, 
3 Small Whole Shallot.( or 1 small onion.)
5 gloves garlic.
1/8 cup Rosemary Olive oil (or use regular olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary).
 chicken backs and necks.( when I bake a whole one I bag the pieces and put them in the freezer til I need to use them)

Put all of the ingredients  into  a soup Stock pan. Bring to a boil and simmer from 1-2 hours.  This is the broth. You will be straining this.

strain the vegetables out. return stock to pot. taste and adjust salt and pepper to taste.  Add 2 cooked chicken breast roughly cut up and 1bag of  medium egg noodles. bring to boil and boil for 8 minutes.

scoop out about 1 cup of hot broth. Put in heat proof bowl add 2 tablespoons Cornstarch . Stir until dissolved. slowing add this to pot while stirring 

add ultra thin sliced;3 medium carrots and 3 stalks rib celery. cook on medium low for 6 minutes.

Stir and serve.

Recipe copyright 2017 by "Auntie E Cookbook/EM Dubros"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.