Now the way this works is you Link up your recipe in the thumbnail link. For the photo you can use your signature widget, a photo of the dish or of yourself that's it.
I hope you will join in this Summer Fun. I will only be running this until the end of June. So only five more weeks left. Then at the Fourth of July party, Park concert picnics,Family reunions, Pool Parties and all the rest of the Seasons food and friends get-togethers you will be ready for that different dish.
Since my arm has been in a cast...my daughter has been doing the cooking. the other day she made Banana cream dessert. She wanted me to show you..
Banana Cream Dessert
you will need: 2 to 3 large bananas, one package 3oz instant Banana Cream Pudding Mix, Coolwhip 8oz package and Vanilla Wafers about one half a box.
Make the pudding according to package- We use skim milk ,a healthier choice. set aside
In at Pie dish or 2 Quart round dish layer as follows;
(I prefer the 2qart round dish)
- Line the bottom of the dish with some wafers, just to cover.
- Slice one banana and place on top of Wafers
- Put some pudding on top, just to cover bananas
- Add Coolwhip to cover pudding.
Repeat layer according to size of dish. For the pie plate repeat one more time for the 2quart repeat two more times.
Top with a couple of sliced bananas and a couple of wafers.
refrigerate til serving and refrigerate any left overs. If there is any!
Now for the Thai Chicken and Rice Bake:
- In a 9x13 inch pan place 2 cups of Jasmine Rice
- add one can of chicken broth (low sodium) and enough water to make 20 oz of liquid. Stir well.
- On top of the rice mixture add boneless Chicken Breast, here you can use as many as your like. If they are large ones cut in half and lay on rice. As you see in the photo we used 3 for there was only 3 of us. However for a potluck you would want to add 6 and cut them in half making 12 pieces.
- Lightly sprinkle the tops of the chicken pieces with Lemon pepper and Thai seasoning (we use McCormick)
- cover pan with Aluminum foil
- Cook in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 45-50 minutes. At the 35 minutes mark uncover to allow for browning.