Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Baking Flavorings & Snow White Frosting

I like making my own icing. The other day I went to the store looking for some White chocolate flavoring for the icing. I was making Red Velvet cake with White icing for my daughters birthday.
We have a company based in Baltimore, Maryland that makes flavorings. Had never tried theirs before so thought I would. Was very pleased with it. All the teens loved the icing. They kept asking what kind of icing it was. I know it was the flavoring that they enjoyed so much.
A little more about the flavoring company. Name Silver Cloud Estate, It has been in business since 2006 and they import the beans and flavorings from South India. The product has a 100% refund policy, if you are not satisfied. I am very satisfied and will be trying some more flavoring and extracts soon.

Photo courtesy of Silver Cloud Estate
disclaimer: I have not been compensated at all buy Silver Cloud Estate, this is just my opinion of their product.

"Snow White Frosting"


2/3 cups water
1/4 cup meringue powder
10 to 11 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 1/4 cups Crisco white vegetable shortening.
1/4 teaspoon clear butter flavoring (I use Wilton's)
1 1/2 teaspoon Silver Cloud Estate- White Chocolate Natural Flavor Blend
1/4 cup skim milk.

  • In mixer add water and meringue powder, beat at high til stiff peaks form.
  • Add one cup of sugar, mix at low speed til well mixed, do this 4 times.
  • Divided the shortening into 6 pieces. First add one piece the shortening and mix well, then add sugar one cup at a time. continue alternating shortening and sugar.
  • Add the milk the flavorings and mix well.
This icing will form a crust on it. While working with it, cover with a damp cloth. I put it in a pastry bag with an icing tip. Any extra can be put in the refrigerator and be to use latter, just re beat it in the mixer.
It will make great flowers also.
to make the flowers just reduce the milk to 2 tablespoons. Add your coloring.. Let it set for about 4 hours and then stir. Use your pastry bag and desired tips

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute...I need to have the patience to make them lol....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I hope if you try a recipe and will come back to tell me how you liked it.
All spam and unrelated comments will be deleted.