Hubby's Mom, Dee, use to make this for the holidays. I started making it for Christmas morning.
It is a type of puff danish. Very easy to make.
Dee's Danish Puff
1 cup boiling Water
1/2 cup butter
1 Cup flour
Confectionery sugar and water.
Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
1. melt butter in Boiling water, return to a boil.
2. turn heat down and add flour all at once. With a wooden spoon stir vigorously till a ball forms.
3. remove from heat. Add eggs one at a time, beating til smooth each time.
4. on prepared cookie sheet, using the wooden spoon drop about three spoon fulls to form one row, make sure each drop touches the other (this will form your strip). Then make another strip and same way.
5. bake in the oven for 35 minutes, remove for oven Prick with a fork. and return to oven - turn off oven, leave in for 5-10minutes. Remove from oven.
6. make glaze and drizzle over the puffs add cherries and sprinkle with almond.